Three additional Coaches Training Sessions have been scheduled for the Play Like a Champion Today Coaches Training Program, as follows:
- Monday, July 26th 6:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M.
- Monday, August 9th 6:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M.
- Monday, August 23rd 6:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M.
All three sessions will be conducted on Zoom which allows you the opportunity to complete the training requirement in the comfort of your own home.
Below is the flyer for these sessions and the registration link.
Once you have registered, you will be provided with a confirmation email, the link to the specific zoom training session for that date, the coaches manual, and the coaches Play Like a Champion game plan.
As previously indicated, all soccer coaches in the ABSP will be required to complete this training program.
We will continue to notify you as additional training sessions are scheduled.
TO ALL PARISH SOCCER COORDINATORS IN THE ARCHDIOCESE OF BALTIMORE SOCCER PROGRAM (ABSP)
Craig Gould from the Office of Family, Youth and Young Adult Ministry (OFYYAM) attended our May Board Meeting for a follow-up discussion with respect to the new Coaches Training Program. The following items were discussed:
(1) As indicated in my previous e-mails, there will be additional training sessions scheduled during the summer months and it is anticipated that an additional session will be scheduled just prior to the beginning of the regular season for those coaches who were unable to attend a previous session. The ABSP Vice President, Dwayne Jennings, will be coordinating with Craig Gould and the Trainers on the scheduling of these additonal training sessions.
(2) The intention of the Coaches Training Program is that the Training be mandatory for all coaches, including both the Head Coach and all Assistant Coaches.
(3) HOWEVER, due to the difficulty in achieving that objective in the short time that we have before the beginning of the regular season, the requirement for the 2021 Fall Soccer Season is that each team must have at least one coach who has completed the Coaches Training Program before the beginning of the regular season. In most circumstances, it would be expected that the Head Coach for each team would have completed the Coaches Training Program.
(4) The completion of the Coaches Training Program is good for a period of three years.
(5) Each Parish Soccer Program may choose to reimburse their coaches for the $25.00 Fee for the Coaches Training Program.
If you have any questions concerning the new Coaches Training Program, please do not hesitate to contact Craig.
Alternatively, comments or questions concerning the new Coaches Training Program can be forwarded directly to Craig Gould (Director, Office of Family, Youth and Young Adult Ministry) at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Previous post below
TO ALL SOCCER COORDINATORS AND SOCCER COACHES IN THE
ARCHDIOCESE OF BALTIMORE SOCCER PROGRAM (ABSP)
The Office of Family, Youth and Young Adult Ministry (OFYYAM) in the Archdiocese of Baltimore is initiating a new Coaches Training Program for all Basketball and Soccer Coaches and Coordinators. The Program is being established in conjunction with the "Play Like A Champion Educational Series" (www.playlikeachampion.org).
OFYYAM is looking for qualified individuals who would be interested in serving as Trainers for this new Program. Enclosed with this e-mail is the "Trainer Mission Description" which provides detailed information on the role and duties of the Trainers for this new Program.
As indicated below, the "Train the Trainers" sessions are scheduled for this Saturday, April 24th.
Important Dates and Times ---- All Trainings will be Virtual.
Train the Trainers
- April 24, 9:00am-11:30am and 1:00-3:00pm
- May 15, 9:00am-12:00pm (Trainers will do this in collaboration with Notre Dame staff)
- May 18, 6:00pm-9:00pm (Trainers will do this on their own but supervised by ND Staff)
- June 5, 9:00am-12:00pm (Trainers will do this on their own)
After the initial training on April 24, each Trainer will be paid $75 per training session that they lead.
If you are interested in becoming a Trainer or if you have any questions concerning the Trainer position, please contact Craig Gould (Director of Family, Youth and Young Adult Ministry) directly at 410-547-5371.
For additional information please contact:
The Catholic Center
320 Cathedral Street
Baltimore, MD 21201